SHOULD YOU RETAIN A CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY?
The short is answer is that you should almost always hire a car accident attorney for your Utah personal injury claim. Without out one, the insurance companies will do everything they can to take advantage of you, even if it is at great personal loss to you and your family. You should always consult with a personal injury attorney before speaking with an insurance company.
You may feel upset, confused, and anxious after a car accident. Additionally, you may not know what to do next. In addition to attempting to repair or replace your damaged vehicle, you may also be suffering from serious and painful injuries. Under the circumstances, you would assume that the insurance company will do everything it can to make things right, but that is very unlikely. Insurance companies rarely do what is right, especially when it comes to bodily injury claims. They go to great lengths to avoid paying for bodily injuries, even when their insureds are indisputably at fault.
An experienced Salt Lake City car accident attorney can change that, protecting you from greedy insurance companies and ensuring that you receive a fair settlement for your injuries. Hiring a qualified personal injury attorney will reduce the stress associated with complex legal proceedings and should dramatically increase the amount of money you receive in settlement for your injuries. Click here to see the overall timeline of a personal injury case.
Outlined below are a few ways that a personal injury attorney can help with your claim:
- Navigating Complex Claims Processes. Making a claim for money damages with the insurance company after an auto accident can be a complicated and unforgiving process, especially if the injuries are severe. An experienced Salt Lake City personal injury attorney will answer your questions throughout this process and present you with your best options at each stage, allowing you to make the most informed decisions for your claim. More importantly, a personal injury attorney will ensure that you get maximum compensation for your injuries.
- Protecting Your Rights. You really shouldn’t handle your own injury claim. The stakes are too high and the risks are substantial. Insurance companies know this better than anyone. That is why they are so desperate to talk with you after an auto accident. They want to get you to settle before you have a chance to get an attorney. An experienced Salt Lake personal injury attorney knows all of the tactics employed by insurance companies to reduce, delay, and deny claims and can protect you against insurance company abuse. More importantly, a talented personal injury attorney will increase the value of your claim through claim management, negotiation, and litigation if necessary, all while ensuring that insurance company paperwork and other details of your case are handled in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Getting You All the Compensation You Deserve. An experienced Salt Lake personal injury attorney will carefully assess your claim, determining each and every type of compensation for which you are entitled and identifying which insurance companies and other defendants should pay it. Your personal injury attorney will pursue all possible claims against those insurance and other companies, including against your own insurance company if needed. For example, your attorney will help recover damages for past and future medical bills; physical pain and suffering; emotional pain and suffering; past and future lost wages; property damage; loss of earning capacity; and essential services; among others. Click here to see what documents to bring to your attorney to get the full compensation you deserve.
- Negotiating Your Settlement. An experienced Salt Lake personal injury attorney will negotiate at the highest levels to ensure you receive the full value of your claim. In that way, your personal injury attorney will level the playing field when it comes to negotiating a settlement, refusing to take low ball offers from insurance company adjusters. Your personal injury attorney will not only ensure that your claim is properly valued, but will ensure that the insurance actually pays full value of your claim. It also sends a signal to the insurance company when you hire a personal injury attorney. The insurance company knows that you are serious about obtaining the full value of your claim and won’t be bullied into accepting a low-ball offer.
- Filing a Lawsuit. It is also important to hire an experienced personal injury attorney in case litigation becomes necessary to resolve your claim. Injury attorneys are often able to settle personal injury claims, including car accident claims, but sometimes insurance companies refuse to do the right thing. In those case, an experienced personal injury litigation attorney will file a lawsuit on your behalf to force the insurance company to do what is right and pay the full value of your claim. Unfortunately, that is the only way you can obtain a fair settlement in some case. Personal injury litigation is complicated and full of landmines. If the insurance company refuses to settle your claim, you should definitely hire an experienced litigation attorney to file a lawsuit on your behalf.
gosdis law is the no. 1 personal injury law firm in salt lake city to handle your car accident claim.
If you have sustained injuries in a car accident in Salt Lake City or any other Utah location, you need to retain a Salt Lake City car accident lawyer. You are entitled to compensation. Gosdis Law will help you recover it, including compensation for your past medical bills; future medical bills; past pain and suffering; future pain and suffering; past lost wages; future lost wages; and property damage. Call or text us today at (385) 429-9960 to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Salt Lake City car accident lawyer.